Table Of Contents
- What Is It?
- Where To Download
- Video Tutorial: How To Use (Beginner’s Guide – Controller Mapping)
- Xpadder Video Tutorial: Xbox 360 Controller Setup
- How To Use Xpadder
- Xpadder Alternatives
- Xpadder Profiles
- Controller Images
- Xpadder On Reddit
- Xpadder Torrents
- Xpadder Windows 10 Benefits
- Xpadder Mac
- Xpadder Windows 10
- Summing Up
What Is It?
Xpadder enables you to play computer games that lack gamepad support or just have inferior gamepad capabilities.
It will let you add gamepad support to things like emulated, internet browser and DOS games.
Additionally, there’s support for multiplayer games- with each game player can use their own gamepad.
Recent updates enable you to control video/music by employing shortcut keys.
Where To Download
Xpadder Paid Download (Most Recent Version)
If you want the most recent Xpadder, it’s only a one-time payment of $9.99. And you get access to all updates. Check out their site for more details.
Xpadder Free Download (Old Version)
According to itechgyan, you can download Xpadder for free for Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and XP if you’re willing to use an older version of this emulation app.
The older version still works, apparently- and it has a strong feature set. However, newer update features won’t be included. Our advice is to try out the free download first, see if it works, and then consider buying the most up-to-date Xpadder if necessary.
There are a bunch of sites hosting older versions of Xpadder.
Here’s how to get a free version of Xpadder:
- Go to Download.Hr
- Choose the right download option for you (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and XP)
- Download and install it on your computer
- Then, try plugging in your controller and seeing if the Xpadder app will start and run
- You can easily configure your controller using any version of Xpadder, even the old free version.
Xpadder Windows 10 Free
A lot of people are searching out a free version for Windows 10. QDownload.com claims to have a fully compatible free version for Windows 10 operating systems- so try it out and see if it works if you don’t want to get the paid version.
We don’t recommend that you crack Xpadder- especially since there are free versions available that work. And the more recent versions are really cheap.
You can always browse Reddit for and search for Xpadder- you might find some information there.
Video Tutorial: How To Use (Beginner’s Guide – Controller Mapping)
Xpadder Video Tutorial: Xbox 360 Controller Setup
In this tutorial, the vlogger shows how to use any controller on a PC for any type of PC games like FPS, 3rd person, etc.
How To Use Xpadder
The first step you need to take is the installation and configuration. Once you do that, the app is ready for launch.
- Right click on the shortcut icon and check for compatibility with the OS on which you are currently working. You may not need it when you use Windows 10, 8 or 7. For the previous versions, the OS like the XP may require the service pack to be installed. Once you choose the service pack from compatibility and click on apply, the system will automatically download the service pack and install it.
- Double click on the app and open it. Choose New a profile window opens up. Click on the image and choose the controller image in the stored folder.
- Now, you can configure the sticks, buttons, triggers and the other related controls.
- Choose stick-1 to enable it and drag & drop it onto the stick button on the controller image. Similarly, you can repeat the procedure for stick-2. You need to follow the same procedure for the DPAD; here you can add the keyboard buttons from A to Z and the permutation and combinations with the ALT and other special keys.
- There are many menu options for changing the keyboard and mouse settings. Once you are through you can save it with a name. You can open the file while playing your favorite game and start using the control according to the settings made.
AlternativeTo lists out some Xpadder vs alternatives if, for whatever reason, you need some different functionalities, or it just isn’t working for you.
- Pinnacle Game Profiler
- Joystick Mapper
- Controller Companion
- Copy all the Profile info in the forum post that you would like to download
- Click on the “Select All” link above it and press Ctrl+C to copy it
- In Xpadder, open the Profile menu and choose Paste. If you like the profile you can save it.
Their forums have a whole section on creating controller images.
How to create them
- Get a hold of an image of your game controller from the web. As an alternative, you are able to take a photo of your personal controller or draw it yourself.
- Re-size the picture (Canva.com is a good resource for free re-sizing) so that it’s 256 pixels high. In the event the new image has become more than 512 wide then reverse that resize and re-size the picture once again but 512 pixels wide
- If the new image is 256 pixels high you will want to expand the canvas to 512 wide (make sure you center the image). If the new graphic is 512 wide you will want to expand the canvas to 256 high (with the image at the bottom)
- Fill up any white space using the colour magenta utilizing a tolerance value to get rid of any kind of off-white pixels
- Copy the picture and paste into the Controller Settings window (do this by accessing Image options). Check out the main Xpadder to check how it appears
- Save the image as an uncompressed BMP for individual use
- Upload to an image hosting site and then post the link into the Controller Images Forum
Xpadder On Reddit
As you can imagine, there’s a vibrant subreddit devoted to this video game controller emulator. You can find solutions for common issues concerning it: “not working in game”, “range check errors”, “minecraft setup”, “PS4 problems”, etc.
Reddit is a helpful resource if Xpadder’s own forums aren’t cutting it. Recent topics include:
- Cursor forcefully dragged to top left corner
- Xpadder and WoW
- Xpadder site not working?
- Creating two toggles from rotary encoder?
- Xpadder and PS3 controllers on Windows 10
- How to load Xpadder with a specific profile and controller pair.
- L2 not working Xpadder
- Will the forum ever actually come back?
- Need help regarding set switching and holding buttons
- Triggers not mapping on DS4
- Was working fine, still works fine but wont work in the game anymore?
- What Happened to the Xpaddder site?
- Is there any way to have xpadder override a game that recognizes the controller?
- XPadder duplicates commands (Controller and KB) in RS6
- xbox one chatpad
- Xpadder steering wheel
- I need help with my Xpadder
- Short Video Question about Mouse Settings
- Trouble with using Xpadder
- XPadder ALT Tab help
- Converting keyboard controls to perfect analog
- Xpadder Advanced Help
- Xpadder setup for Torchlight 2
- Xpadder Not Working in Game
- Gamecube and mouse problem
If you’re looking for a torrent download, the Uptodown website has some options.
Xpadder Windows 10 Benefits
- Game Support: The paid versions of Xpadder windows 10 support almost all the XBOX and other compatible games you play on the windows platform. You can assign unique button s to each controller and save it. It gets activated according to the settings. That means you can use the same set of controls for different actions based on the game. It’s a versatile feature which is offered by only a few of the sophisticated systems.
- Copy and Paste: If you don’t know how to create a profile from the start, it is possible to download and copy the code onto the new profile. There are also options to customize the copied code if you know how to do it.
Xpadder alternative for Mac supports the Mac OS is mainly through the PX2/PS3, XBOX, and other supported game controllers. We suggest these alternates for the download since the latest version of Xpadder has no committed support for the Mac OSX with the Xpadder Mac.
Xpadder Windows 10
The version is available in the form of Xpadder windows 10 free and Xpadder windows 10 paid options. It also supports the earlier versions of Windows 8, Windows 7, and the previous ones. You need to create an account by entering your email ID on the contact page. You’ll get a mail with the link to the download page. Here, you can make the online payment and download the full version of Xpadder Xbox one, Xpadder PS4, or the Xpadder Windows 10.
This handy Windows utility enables you to map keyboard keys and computer mouse button actions to your video game controller buttons.
The gaming software additionally enables you to map the computer mouse pointer to your game controller sticks.
Xpadder also can deal with combinations, sequences, toggles, triggers, shift sets, multiple controllers across all Windows operating systems.
Ryan is a computer enthusiast who has a knack for fixing difficult and technical software problems. Whether you’re having issues with Windows, Safari, Chrome or even an HP printer, Ryan helps out by figuring out easy solutions to common error codes.